Grounded in versatility and powered by a styling community, Express is a modern, multichannel apparel and accessories brand whose purpose is to Create Confidence & Inspire Self-Expression. Launched in 1980 with the idea that style, quality and value should all be found in one place, Express has been a part of some of the most important and culture-defining fashion trends. The Express Edit design philosophy ensures that the brand is always ‘of the now’ so people can get dressed for every day and any occasion knowing that Express can help them look the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel.
The Company operates over 500 retail and outlet stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, the express.com online store and the Express mobile app. Express, Inc. is comprised of the brands Express and UpWest, and is traded on the NYSE under the symbol EXPR. For more information, please visit www.express.com.
EXPRESS ASSOCIATE STYLIST
The Associate Stylist creates memorable experiences for customers by applying and embodying a hospitality mindset and delivering a personalized approach to styling that helps to fulfill the Express brand purpose: Create Confidence & Inspire Self-Expression.
This position is responsible for contributing to the total Style Squad’s success. Because the presentation of our product is a key contributor to its appeal, Assciate Stylists will also assist with stocking, cleaning and folding. Additionally, our Assoicate Stylists are brand ambassadors for the Express experience and promote to potential squad members an inclusive squad mentality built on teamwork and shared objectives.
• Exemplify a hospitality mindset and deliver on all aspects of the Express Customer Experience Philosophy to create outstanding experiences for customers/clients
• Support Style Squad interconnectedness and approach customer engagement with the thought that it is a ‘team sport’ by actively engaging with colleagues to deliver the very best customer experience
• Approach styling thoughtfully, representing the Express Design & Merchandising philosophy in a way that shows an authentic point of view and the ability to flex to best represent each customer/client's wardrobe needs and sense of style
• Represent the Express experience as a brand ambassador by promoting to potential squad members an inclusive squad mentality built on teamwork and shared objectives and sharing potential Squad Member candidates with Studio management when hospitality mindset and behaviors are observed
• Process transactions quickly and accurately in order to minimize client wait time
• Positively resolve any customer service issues as they arise by resolving or escalating, taking care to communicate with Studio management
• Drive credit and loyalty program signups by explaining benefits and encouraging participation
• Maintain a clean and organized sales floor, checkout, fitting room, and stockroom
• Respect and uphold all Company policies and procedures to ensure the safety of self, colleagues and customers
• Assist with product launch changes according to standard operating procedures
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• High school or equivalent education
• Entry level position
• Willing and able to meet defined availability criteria including nights, weekends and non-business hours
• Proficient in use of retail technology such as iPads and registers
CRITICAL SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
• Previous retail or hospitality experience preferred
• Hospitality mindset with a genuine desire to create positive and memorable customer experiences
• Excellent customer service skills and natural ability to interact comfortably with people
• Desire to help the total Squad succeed
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to adjust message delivery and tone to suit the audience
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.
Software Powered by iCIMS